Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best meditation online course for lazy people in 2022
The fact that you stumbled upon this post, I bet that you want to learn meditation online. And, if you’re probably lazy and picky like me 😄, you want to find the best meditation online course that:
- best suits your needs,
- provides you with all the benefits the meditation practice has to offer,
- gives you choices of techniques you can try to find one that works best for you,
- teaches you how to apply the techniques in everyday life,
- affordable and gives you the best value for your money,
- thus, it saves you time and effort in your searches.
Now, the internet is already full of offerings. You really, really need to do your due diligence in finding the right course. Because if you’re not careful, you’ll easily end up buying “garbage products” created by some “fake gurus”. Then, you’ll be wasting your time and money.
That’s exactly the reason I wrote this post. To save you time and money.
It really deserves my 5-star verdict.
If I find other best ones in the future, I’ll definitely include them in this post and I’ll update this article with relevant information.
If you want to know how I came to my conclusion, please, read on.
My meditative journey
First, let me tell you a little bit about my meditative journey. I’ll be brief. If you want to learn the more complete version, check out my about page.
In short, I attended several meditation retreats and the ones that suit me very well is the Buddhist Vipassana with the cittānupassanā (the third Satipaṭṭhāna) tradition. Or, in layman term: contemplation of the mind.
That was back in 2009 when I wasn’t “that” lazy 😄.
This meditation really suits me well. I experience real benefits in my life. For me, it really is life-transforming. And, I’ve been practicing ever since.
In fact, I can’t even imagine a life without meditation.
If you have the time to attend a meditation retreat, go for it. The retreats I have attended were at least 10 days in duration. Some are longer. Bear in mind, for vipassana meditation retreats, 10 days was merely an introduction.
But, in case, like most of us, you’re too busy and cannot allocate the time or have no easy access to suitable meditation retreats in or near your area, this is where an online meditation course comes in handy.
Since my first quest for meditation, along the way, I met many friends who are also practitioners. They came from many other traditions with various methods of practice. We talked a lot about various traditions and techniques. That’s how I realize that when it comes to meditation, there’s no “one size fits all” kind of thing.
Since you’re already in the search for the best meditation online course, I don’t feel the need to explain to you about the benefits of meditation. I’m pretty sure you already know them all. I’ve talked at length about that benefits in my free guide “Mindfulness in Two Steps”. You can download it here.
This 2011 report presents a study of mindfulness meditation program conducted at the University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness. Using magnetic resonance (MR) images they found increased grey-matter density in the hippocampus, known to be important for learning and memory, and in structures associated with self-awareness, compassion, and introspection.
If you want to learn more about what meditation benefits are really backed by science, check this post.
My point is, since I’ve been a practitioner myself for 11 years now, I have some criteria on how to pick the best meditation online course. This brings us to the next section.
How do I pick the best meditation online course?
These are my criteria on how to pick the best online meditation course:
- The course must come from an accomplished meditator and a qualified teacher whom you can reach. Meaning, he/she must know what he/she is talking about and he/she will reply to your emails and answer your questions in the member forum.
- The course cannot be 100% brand new. It must’ve been in the market for a while. Or, in other words, it must’ve been “tested” and proven with enough positive testimonies to back it up.
- The course must be jam-packed full of features. Meaning, it cannot only give you one or two benefits of meditation practice and then ask you to pay for upgrades for the rest of the benefits.
- The techniques must be able to be applied in everyday life. And, the course teaches you how.
- The course must be structured and presented in a step-by-step, logical and easy to follow way.
- It must be constantly updated. Meaning, you don’t want to buy an outdated course whose teachings no longer work.
- It must be reasonably affordable, otherwise, it cannot benefit a lot of people.
- The course needs to have upgrade options to accommodate future or special needs.
- It must be risk-free, meaning it must have a money-back guarantee in case after learning and applying the techniques, you conclude that it doesn’t deliver what it claims.
Whew, I know It’s quite a tall order. That’s because I don’t want to pick too many “best courses” since the internet is full of offerings already.
If I find other courses in the future that meet my criteria above, I’ll include them in this article and I’ll update my post accordingly with relevant information.
Now, let’s talk about the teacher.
Who is Giovanni Dienstmann and why should you listen to him?
Giovanni Dienstmann is an international author, meditation teacher, coach and speaker based in Australia.
He wrote a best-selling book “Practical Meditation”, which is available in 7 different languages and has popularly been called “The Meditation Bible”.
He was not born peaceful.
As a teenager, he was restless and couldn’t really manage himself. His mind was always busy, full of thoughts, never content. He was easily disturbed, and would often panic and overreact when he felt triggered.
Additionally, he also experienced being bullied at school and at home and had to find his ways around those challenging experiences.
He found meditation when he was 15 and all the wisdom teachings that come with it. He immediately fell in love with the feelings of peace, centeredness, and freedom that came with the practice.
“The real bully is inside your head”
“Our mind can be a powerful tool, helping us achieve your goals and be happy, or an annoying voice pulling us back and tormenting us.”Giovanni Dientsmann
Throughout his life, he has invested a lot of energy, study and experimentation on optimizing his mental and emotional states—and overcoming all limitations, especially those imposed by fear, anxiety, and self-doubt, has been an area of focus for him.
All this practice, learning, and training has radically transformed his mind and view of the world. As a result, he now lives a fearless, peaceful, and anxiety-free life.
And so can you.
What unique about Giovanni is, for him, meditation is not only about acceptance and letting go, but also about empowerment.
That’s why his personal anthem is empowered peace.
Everyone wants to experience peace of mind. Because with that comes a sense of freedom, of not being disturbed by anything. With peace also comes confidence, emotional balance, and clarity.
Peace is the foundation of wellbeing and contentment in life.
But not the peace of the graveyard! Not a peace that is passive, or weak. He advocates a peace that is empowered—full of energy, dynamism, and focus.
A recap of his personal training in meditation:
- Has been practicing meditation daily for the past 18 years
- Over 9,000 hours of practice
- Tried 70+ different techniques
- Studied 200+ books on the topic
- Was formally initiated into 4 different meditation traditions
- Spent 10 weeks training in a Monastery in France
- Nearly became a monk twice in his journey
For the meditation geeks out there, the 4 contemplative traditions he trained in were:
- Zen Buddhism,
- Advaita Vedanta,
- Raja Yoga,
- Mantra Yoga.
His work as a meditation teacher:
- Certified meditation teacher with Meditation Association of Australia (categories of “Personal Development Meditation” and “Spiritual Meditation”)
- Completed the Yoga and Meditation Teacher Training Course with the Satyananda School of Yoga (Level 1)
- Trained in Neurocoaching
- Experience leading retreats, workshops, and group classes
- Have spoken about meditation and mindfulness at schools, hospitals, non-for-profits, and spiritual centers
- Worked as a consultant to award-winning meditation apps, including creating custom content and meditation scripts
- Translated meditation books and texts into Portuguese
- Taught thousands of people how to meditate through the Limitless Life program and Master Your Mind courses
- Appeared in several podcasts and radio interviews
- Featured top meditation coach on Coach.me, and top meditation writer on Quora.
Academically-wise, he has a bachelor degree in Law and Social Sciences, a post-grad in IT, and may soon start a Ph.D. in philosophy or Asian studies.
Finally, some fun facts about him:
- He doesn’t have any social media apps on his phone.
- Apart from meditation, he’s had a series of obsessions in his life: Kung Fu, magic tricks, chess, Japanese language.
- Every day in his life starts exactly the same: wake up 5:00 am, take a cold shower, practice 2 to 3 hours of meditation, and do some Yoga.
- He eats only once a day (big lunch), and fast for 22 hours every day.
My point is, he’s an accomplished practitioner and he’s definitely qualified to teach meditation.
Now let’s talk about the program.
What is the Limitless Life program?
Limitless Life is a subscription-based online meditation course designed to transform you from an anxious, scattered and fearful state of mind to a calm, centered and focus state of mind.
The course will guide you through these 3 stages of transformation:
- Develop a strong daily meditation practice
- Discover the most powerful techniques that work best for you
- Master your mind and transform your life by applying the skills of meditation.
How does the program work and what is so unique about it?
Nowadays, everybody knows the incredible benefits of meditation, yet very few actually experience all those benefits consistently.
It’s not a lack of information. Information is everywhere in this digital age.
Just because something is good doesn’t mean you’ll do it consistently. Just like you know that skipping the sugar and exercising daily is good for your health. But ironically, only a few people act accordingly.
After years of experience watching many practitioners and many of his own students, Giovanni found that at least one if not all of the Three Pillars of Meditation is missing:
You need to start in the easiest possible way to make meditation part of your daily life to cultivate mindfulness and peace of mind.
Learn many different styles of meditation to find the one that works best for you and get the support you need to go deeper.
Apply the superpowers of meditation to master your mind and transform your life to become calm, centered, focus and wise.
These three pillars are the foundation of the meditation practice.
If you want meditation to “work” for you, and really have an impact in your life, you need these three elements.
Without them, your practice will only be a superficial practice thus will only result in superficial benefits and no real change.
But, with the three pillars, your practice will become a deep practice and will result in deep benefits and real self-transformation.
But the problem is, it’s not easy to build these three pillars on your own. You need a step-by-step system and the support of a teacher and community.
Otherwise, it’s easy to get lost in the sea of information about meditation, not know exactly how to move forward, and miss out on all the benefits.
This program is a collection of online courses, guided meditations, and video classes. It comes with the personal daily support from the teacher in the private forums.
It also includes access to a community of wonderful people, conscious individuals like you, who want to make meditation a bigger part of their life, and grow.
Limitless Life is not just an online course, something you buy, go through once, and then forget about it. Otherwise, at the end of it, you may feel like “now what?”
It is a Membership, a place of ongoing learning, growth, and practice. It’s something that becomes part of your life.
One thing that’s unique about Limitless Life is, it is designed to make it easy for you to develop that three pillars of meditation (habit, technique, transformation) by using an enjoyable and effective approach distilled from nearly two decades of experience.
But Limitless Life doesn’t stop there. It also guides you to develop other essential tools that allow you to take your personal growth to the next level.
Meditation is the foundation…
…and the first step.
In summary, the combination of:
- a step-by-step system with daily short lessons designed to be simple, enjoyable and effective,
- an experienced and accomplished teacher with the knowledge and experience in many different styles of meditation,
- a supportive community with personal daily support forums where the teacher is actively taking part
set Limitless Life program apart from other meditation online courses, meditation apps and meditation books which mostly are just stand-alone guides that won’t get you much deeper into the practice thus will only bring you superficial benefits.
Before we continue, let’s take a closer look at the Limitless Life meditation program:
By watching this video, you can get a taste of Giovanni’s teaching style: clear, simple, concise and relaxed.
Next, let’s see what’s included in the program.
What will you get?
As I said earlier in my criteria, this course is jam-packed full of features.
This is Giovanni’s main program!
No wonder that all of his efforts, energy, experience, time and heart were put into this one.
If you join Limitless Life, you won’t need to take his other courses because all of his other courses are essentially only subsets of this program.
The only exception is his private coaching.
When you join the membership, you’ll have access to:
- 9 online courses
- 50+ guided meditations
- Teacher dialogs
- Supportive community
Here is the list of Giovanni’s courses which are included in Limitless Life:
|Master Your Mind (Beginner)||$97|
|Master Your Mind (Intermediate)||$97|
|Letting Go, Letting Be||$197|
|Overcoming Fear of Failure||$497|
|Deeper Sleep in 21 Days||$47|
|Guided Meditation Library||$247|
|Weekly Growth Challenges||$197|
Don’t let those numbers scare you. You’ll get a much much better deal if you join Limitless Life instead of taking the courses individually. Please, read on.
For the individual courses, check the course directory here.
All of the above are one-time-payment. They have one focus and specific purposes. If you think that your particular need will be better served by any of those individual courses, then, by all means, go for it.
But, if you’re:
- new to meditation,
- want to go deeper in your practice,
- looking for a sustainable system,
- with a teacher that answer your questions,
- and a community that supports you,
- really want to harness the real benefits from your meditation practice,
- and, you don’t want to waste your time and money searching around for trials and errors,
then, the Limitless Life program will better suit you.
But how much does it cost?
Is it affordable?
That brings us to the next section.
How much does it cost?
Maybe you’re starting to worry that with such a jam-packed full-featured program like this you will need to break a bank to join?
As I said earlier in my criteria, if it’s not reasonably affordable, it won’t be able to benefit a lot of people.
In that case, it won’t become my pick.
You can join Limitless Life for $29 per month!
You read that right!
$29 for all courses!
- Meditation (Beginner)
- Meditation (Intermediate)
- Letting Go, Letting Be
- Anxiety Management
- Stress Management
- Overcoming Fear
- Deeper Sleep in 21 Days
- Guided Meditation Library
- Weekly Growth Challenge
But you also have upgrade options:
Limitless Life Plus for $129 per month
All courses above + Individual Coaching (private):
- One 30-min call a month
- Email Access to Giovanni
Limitless Life Premium for $499 per month
All courses above + Individual Coaching (private):
- Two 1-hour calls a month
- Email Access to Giovanni
- Weekly WhatsApp support
- A signed hardcover copy of Practical Meditation
And the program also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. No guesswork. Zero risks.
The only thing Giovanni asks is that you have actually tried the course, and gone through at least the first eight lessons.
UPDATE 27 Feb 2020:
It gets even better!
Now, if you act fast, you can start your 14-day trial for just $1, then pay just $29 a month after the trial ends. Because I guess this offer will be available for a limited time only.
A couple of testimonials
Ok, I put this section here only for the sake of completeness. You don’t need to read all of them. Maybe, just scan through them.
Actually, there are more testimonies. I only include a couple of them here to give you an idea of what members are saying about the program.
Final thoughts and conclusion
The Limitless Life program meets all the criteria I laid out earlier.
I don’t need to repeat them here because I want this article to be jam-packed full of useful information to help you make a better and well-informed decision in your quest for the best online meditation course.
And, to save you time and money in the process.
I don’t want this post to be another lengthy fluffy article full of nonsense that provides no value!
Now, before we part, I want to share with you my final thoughts and consideration on how to pick the best meditation online course.
It’s about numbers vs value.
Some might think that a one-time-payment course is cheaper than a membership.
Because, if you do the math, after all the accumulated monthly payments, you’ll end up paying substantially more.
It’s a number game.
I used to think this way 😄.
But, we’re talking about meditation here.
Gym and Yoga clubs are good analogies. You don’t buy books on Yoga and fitness and hope you’ll get fit from just buying them. The question is, will you practice consistently? On your own?
To be honest, most one-time-payment courses will just end up being another “information”, food for thought that you’ll go through once and then, forget.
Because with that kind of arrangement, supports and follow-ups would be fairly limited if any at all.
In that case, they won’t have a good chance to bring you the deep lasting benefits you long for.
Then, they’d be a waste of your time and money, no matter how cheap you think they are.
Now, the question is, can you learn meditation on your own?
Yes, you can.
But, will you? Seriously? Are you willing to spend the time, efforts and money in that quest? We’re talking about years of trials and errors.
And, after you find one that best suits you, will you practice it consistently, daily and make it your lifestyle?
Maybe you will, but, most won’t.
Because laziness is a common thing 😄.
This is the consideration that changed my take about a subscription-based course.
It’s about its value.
Does the course come with all the necessary systems, supports, follow-ups and community to increase my chance of a successful self-transformation?
It’s the question I asked myself.
And, if it does, do the benefits justify the monthly cost?
It turns out quite simple.
See? It’s not exactly a number game.
The plus of Limitless Life is that you can enroll for just $29 per month, with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
In case you ask for a refund, at least you have actually tried the course and gone through the first 8 lessons so you’re not wasting your time.
And, if, at any point, you feel that the program doesn’t deliver what it promised, you can cancel your membership.
But, what if it turns out the techniques work? And, you begin to experience the self-transformation that comes with it. Do the benefits justify the monthly cost?
With all the value we’ve talked about, for $29 per month, I consider the Limitless Life program the best meditation online course for lazy people available right now. Therefore, it deserves 5 stars.
And, if you act fast, you can start your 14-day trial for only $1. Because I guess this offer won’t be available for long.
Combined with a 30-day money-back guarantee after the trial, you literally have zero risk!
If I find other meditation courses that meet my criteria, I’ll update this post.
If you know of other courses that may have better value, please leave me a comment. I’ll definitely take a look.
- The Most Effective Hack for Overcoming Fear of Failure Without Struggling
- The Most Effective Sleep Hacks for Lazy People
- Effective Meditation Hacks for Lazy People
- How Can Mindfulness Meditation Help with Depression?
- How to Relieve Stress and Anxiety Naturally
- Stop Panic Attacks Without Medication