Affiliate disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Panic Away Program Definitive Review
How does the PANIC AWAY program work? Is it really effective? Should you give it a try? Is it worth every penny? Read my FINAL THOUGHTS & DEFINITIVE CONCLUSION.
For those of you who don’t want to spend too much time to read a lengthy review and want to jump straight to my definitive conclusion, I’ve put together a quick summary right in the next section below.
If you find this review a bit long, it’s because I really want to give you the full picture of what the Panic Away program is all about so you can make a well-informed and better decision. Just use the table of contents I provided below to jump directly to sections you have more interest in.
Is the Panic Away program worth every penny?
The answer is YES.
And, if you’re thinking:
“I’ve been suffering from panic attacks and general anxiety for years and I also have tried many other solutions including alternatives unsuccessfully, should I give it a try?”
The answer is YES.
And, after thorough and comprehensive research and have been taken all important aspects into consideration, I’m confident to give the program a 5-star rating.
Ok. Not satisfied with a direct conclusion? Then, read on…
First, the pros and the cons:
- The program is formulated by an actual sufferer of panic attacks and general anxiety. He experienced the suffering intimately for decades. So, he knows what he’s talking about.
- He wrote a successful bestselling book with 5-star reviews on the same topic. You can find it here.
- The e-book, which is part of the program, is well-written and is organized into logical chapters with a big enough font size. The writing style is easy to follow. It’s landscape-oriented, so it fits your computer screen nicely. If you prefer to read it on your mobile phone, just hold it landscaped so that the font size is big enough and easy on the eyes.
- Enough real-life examples and case studies to make important points clear and easily understood, backed by a couple of references in the footnotes.
- The program is very complete, comprehensive and in-depth, focusing on panic attacks, general anxiety (G.A.D.) and other fear-based related issues such as fear of driving, fear of public speaking, fear of flying, O.C.D. and agoraphobia.
- The program has been around since 2001 and has lots of users reporting positive results. In my opinion, this is the most important point. So, you can be sure you’re not buying a garbage product.
- Up until now, they claim the program has reached 150,000 people all over the world in 32 countries, with diverse backgrounds from soccer moms, police officers, soldiers to famous celebrities. Considering the program has been in the market since 2001, I find it quite believable. Because I know a couple of products especially digital ones that have been sold to millions of customers in just a few years.
- It has a member support forum to back it up. It’s a community where members are supporting each other.
- It comes with a risk-free 60-day money-back guarantee too. So, if for whatever reasons after testing the program you’re not satisfied with the result you’re getting, simply drop an email for a refund. YOU GET TO KEEP THE PROGRAM!
- The e-book of the program is 274 pages in total. Although well-organized and well-written, still, some people will find it a bit lengthy and a bit of a “challenge” to read. Because usually if you buy this kind of product you’re “in a hurry” for a cure. Fortunately, the program also comes with videos and audios. Also, the good news is, you don’t have to read all the pages from start to finish all at once. You can always jump to the chapters you think are a more priority to you.
- It would be better if the e-book uses an interactive table of contents with jump links.
- Not a typical doctor-patient kind of therapy. It’s a self-help program. Meaning, you’ll need to commit to yourself to apply the technique and follow through.
- Although the success rate is seemingly high, still, it’s no guarantee that the program will work for you. It’s no magic pills. They don’t exist anyway. So, keep a healthy expectation.
Get a taste of how the Panic Away program works
Want to learn how the Panic Away program works?
Sign up to watch the DEMO video to get a taste of how the program works. You’ll be directed to the video page right after confirming your subscription.
The video will be available for free for a limited time only.
What is the Panic Away program?
Panic Away is a complete do-it-yourself, self-help program to break free from panic attacks and general anxiety permanently. It’s not just a coping technique to lessen the symptoms. More about this in the later section.
The program is available as digital downloads as well as physical collections in the form of DVDs and CDs.
It was developed by Barry McDonagh who was himself a sufferer of panic attacks and general anxiety for many years.
Barry wrote about his suffering and breakthrough in his best-seller book “Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks” which 88% of the readers gave 5-star reviews.
The 21-7 Technique™ (as taught in Panic Away) has its roots in the great teachings of Dr. Viktor Frankl and Dr. Clarie Weekes. They were two doctors who made what many regard as the greatest contribution to treating anxiety. They did not see anxiety as a mental illness but rather a problem of an over-sensitized nervous system that could be easily corrected with the right approach.
Barry believes their pioneering work should have become the mainstream approach for treating anxiety but was unfortunately pushed aside in the early 1960′s with the rush to prescribe anti-anxiety medications.
The 21-7 Technique™ brings their methodology into the 21st century with a more holistic approach that is incredibly effective and easy to apply.
The program was born in 2001, has lots of users reporting positive results, is reasonably priced and has a very low refund rate. Those facts can be an indicator that satisfaction level is quite high among the users and that the technique may actually work.
Have been working with countless of people and seeing the effectiveness of his technique, Barry truly believes, as he should be, that EVERY SINGLE PERSON can eliminate their anxiety by following the Panic Away Program. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Why doesn’t it work for some people?
He concluded that when people can’t get the technique work, it’s inevitably an issue of trust. They go only halfway and then retreat. They try, but if after a few attempts the anxiety hasn’t decreased as quickly as they would have liked, they revert to old coping mechanisms to try to shut down the sensations of panic.
Who is Barry McDonagh and why should you listen to him?
A little background story
Barry Joseph McDonagh was the last guy in the world you would expect to experience a panic attack or general anxiety.
“So laid back he might fall over” is how people described him.
He experienced his first panic attack when he was about to start his college year. He felt his heart suddenly started pounding like a bass drum in his chest. He thought he was having a heart attack! He was scared to death thinking that it might explode.
Eventually, after about 15 minutes the panic attack subsided. But, it was a really shaking experience for him. “It felt like just has a brush with death”, he said.
Nowhere now felt safe.
He began to fear if this would ever happen again and just the anticipation of a panic attack was enough to bring them on. They started happening in cinemas, at lectures, even while driving his car. Anywhere outside of his comfort zone (which was his home) felt unsafe. In addition to the panic, he developed general anxiety and moved into a state of feeling anxiety 24/7.
He went from being a totally laid back guy to someone who was afraid to queue in a bank. The general anxiety made him feel on edge all the time and there were only a few moments when he felt relaxed.
Being a typical Irish male, Barry resisted asking for help or seeing a doctor. He was afraid of what people might think and was terrified of being diagnosed with some kind of mental illness.
The quest for the cure
He resolved to find the solution on his own. So, he began a frustrating and disappointing period of research on many treatments for anxiety. All the advice he was getting was to either medication or try a therapy that would help cope and manage the panic attacks and anxiety.
He said to himself, “I didn’t want to just cope with this for the rest of my life. I wanted to end it!”
Every book seemed to have the exact same breathing exercises and coping strategies all designed to distract in the moment of panic. Anyone who has experienced a panic attack or high anxiety knows that deep breathing and distraction will not stop a real panic attack. IT JUST DOESN’T WORK! But, only people who have experienced anxiety, know this.
Barry thought that is the main problem with all the literature out there. It is written from an academic point of view and not from the first-hand experience of someone who has been there and done that (with the exception of Dr. Claire Weekes).
He was looking for someone to say, “look do this right, then do this and follow it up with this”. Something simple he could apply and stop feeling so out scared all the time. But, all he got was jargon and coping tools.
He had a hunch that this was all wrong, that teaching people to cope and fight against the anxiety was the wrong approach.
The unorthodox answer
Decided to ignore all the advice he was reading, Barry tried a much more radical approach based on how he observed the panic/anxiety manifesting.
He discovered that the panic could, in fact, be short-circuited by doing the complete opposite of what everyone was telling him. By not fighting the anxiety he could free himself from it with the right mental maneuvers.
And it worked, it worked extremely fast. He immediately started putting himself in situations that would trigger panic attacks and he couldn’t even bring one on. That’s how effective this new approach he was using was.
Over the coming months, he refined into a technique that was easy to apply then added in components to tackle the general anxiety too. Within a very short period of time his panic was gone and the general anxiety that has been stalking him daily lifted. That technique became known as the 21-7 Technique™.
He formulated all of this into one easy-to-use program called Panic Away and the rest is history. Panic Away has gone on to become one of the most successful programs for treating panic attacks and general anxiety today.
According to the official website, right now the Panic Away program has touched the lives of 150,000 people
Their goal is to reach 1 million people suffering from anxiety by the end of 2021 and create so many amazing success stories that the medical establishment has to take notice. If they can transform enough lives, a tipping point will be reached that will propel this approach into mainstream therapeutic care.
How much does it cost?
There are 3 options:
- Silver: digital download only for US$ 67.95
- Gold: physical collection for US$ 97
- Platinum: digital download + physical collection for US$ 97
The Gold and Platinum are practically the same as you’ll still get access to the digital download.
Usually, people go for the digital download but the physical collection is a good option if you want to give someone a present.
What will you get?
Panic Away program and bonuses are all digital downloads. You will have the option to upgrade to the printed version if you wish after purchase.
What you’ll get:
- Panic Away E-book (274 pages in total)
Many reports that after just one reading of the book, their anxiety is dramatically reduced or completely gone!
- Panic Away DVD
You get the HD DVD to fast-track your recovery. You will learn the basics of Panic Away in just 48 minutes flat! This DVD makes the 21-7 technique™ really simple to learn and apply.
- Panic Away CD
The CD’s are extremely useful for people who prefer to listen to lessons. You will learn how to release deep-seated general anxiety, end driving anxiety, eliminate night panic, cease anxious thoughts, and stop fearing unusual bodily sensations.
- Plus, 2 bonuses:
Regarded by many as the best-kept secret of Panic Away, the members’ support forum is an essential part of Panic Away. There you will find the most caring and supportive people who want you to succeed because they have.
- Live chat feature and round the clock support
- Members motivate each other.
- People who know exactly what you are going through
- Motivational success stories posted each day
This is one of the most important Panic Away audio segments and has just been released. The very best snippets of people who are using Panic Away discuss how they apply it. Hearing it in their words is truly inspiring.
- This one audio program ‘clicks’ Panic Away into place for most listeners
- Hear how people applied the 21-7 Technique™ to end their anxiety
- Situation specific advice, e.g. driving, setbacks, anxious thoughts
- Panic Away coaching voucher
Also included in the program is a $150 coaching voucher for one-on-one coaching via email. This is different from private coaching with Barry himself which is a separate service they’re offering with an additional charge. If you intend to go for private coaching, be in mind that Barry is based in Ireland and since he can only offer private coaching to a small number of people at any one time, expect a rather long waiting list.
How is the Panic Away Program structured?
To give you an idea about the focus and the scope of coverage of the program, the e-book consists of the following chapters:
- What Causes an Anxiety Disorder?
- 21-7 Technique™
- The 21 Second Countdown
- Examples For Real Life Situations
- Driving Anxiety
- Fear of Flying
- Fear of Public Speaking
- Eliminating General Anxiety
- The 7 Minute Exercise
- C.A.L.M Recovery
- Community Support
- Lifestyle Changes
- Dealing with: Unwanted Anxious Thoughts
- The Attitude of Acceptance
- Visualization Tools
- Dealing with: Anxious Bodily Sensations
- The Symphony Technique
- The Coffee Cup Exercise
- Dealing with: Morning Anxiety
- Dealing with: Insomnia and Night Panic
- Dealing with: Phobias
- Dealing with: O.C.D.
- Dealing with: Setbacks
- Turning The Corner
- Anxiety Medication
- A Round-up of the Usual Suspects
How does the Panic Away program work?
Breaking the panic loop
What is the panic loop?
According to Barry, all panic attacks manifest in 4 steps:
Almost everyone’s first panic attack is triggered by an unusual bodily sensation. Anxiety-related bodily sensations usually arise out of the blue and trigger intense confusion and fear. Common bodily sensations people report are a pounding heart, tightness of chest or throat, shortness of breath, a dizzy spell, and pins and needles. Whatever the sensation, it is alarming and you react with fear as you dread something bad is about to happen to your body. You might wonder, “Is this a heart attack?”
If you continue to overreact with fear and confusion to the sensations you feel, your body’s fight or flight response mechanism is switched on. This is the biological mechanism that is designed to keep you safe from real threats like being chased by a lion. It is the mixture of this biological mechanism with your not knowing what is happening to you, that triggers a FULL BLOWN panic attack.
Eventually, the waves of panic subside once the fight or flight response deactivates. The problem is, you still feel totally freaked out by what just happened and very much on edge because of all the chemicals that were released during the panic attack. This feeling of sensitization and general anxiety can last for hours after a panic attack.
It is now the fear of another panic attack (fear of fear) that keeps you trapped in an anxious state of mind. You think avoidance is the best way to prevent further panic attacks, and that leads you to avoid situations or places that might trigger another episode.
Because you are constantly on the lookout for the next panic attack, your body stays anxious and sensitized. This tension creates, yes you guessed it, more anxious bodily sensations, looping you back to stage 1. The panic loop is now established.
You can see from the above example how one incident of a panic attack can trap a person into a continuous loop of panic and anxiety. This loop can last weeks or years, depending on the help a person receives.
The essence of the Panic Away program is breaking (Barry’s term: short-circuiting) the panic loop using its unique 21-7 Technique™. Once the cycle of panic and anxiety (fear feeding of fear) is broken, the natural state of calm returns.
The 21-7 Technique™
At the core of the Panic Away Program is the 21-7 Technique™. You can think of this technique as first aid for anxiety. This technique is made up of two separate components:
- The 21 Second Countdown, which stops panic attacks, consists of 4 steps:
- Demand More
- The 7 Minute Exercise, which reduces feelings of general anxiety.
Combined, they make up one of the most effective solutions for ending an anxiety disorder.
If you’re wondering whether this technique will really work for you, then, the only way to find out is to try it yourself.
A couple of testimonials
Here’s a couple of testimonials from those who have success with the program:
…learned more from reading your program than I did from all the psychologists and other practitioners I had seen in the 25 years
I must tell you that out of all the items you can purchase regarding anxiety related products on the internet, I learned more from reading your program than I did from all the psychologists and other practitioners I had seen in the 25 years that I’ve had this condition.
I had been on Xanax and Klonopin for about 10 years, but this December, I decided to withdraw from it thinking I didn’t need the pills anymore according to some of the programs I ordered claiming “miracle cures”. That’s when all my symptoms started again. I felt as if I had wasted the past 20 years trying to get better.That’s when I started searching the web for home based “cures”. I ordered so many programs I started to get confused from too much conflicting advice. Also, I was promised support but I am still waiting replies from some of the more expensive programs!
You are a true gentleman, and I am going to post a very positive feedback on a website you might be familiar about called: Tapir?
Talk to ya, Andy
…I DEBATED ORDERING YOUR PROGRAM BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT APPROX. $8,000 IN THE LAST 5 YEARS, I RAN ACROSS YOUR PROGRAM SUNDAY, FEB. 5th. I DEBATED ORDERING YOUR PROGRAM BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT APPROX. $8,000 IN THE LAST 5 YEARS OF MY LIFE TRYING EVERYTHING FROM PANIC SUPPORT CLASSES, MEDICATION, COUNSELING AND THE LIST GOES ON, ALL TO RID MYSELF OF PANIC ATTACKS. SOMETHING INSIDE ME SAID, JUST KEEP TRYING, SO I DID. AFTER 5 YEARS OF OF LIVING MY LIFE WITH THE WORLD ON MY SHOULDERS I AM EXCITED TO SAY THAT I AM NOW PANIC FREE. AFTER ONE TIME OF APPLYING YOUR ONE MOVE TECHNIQUE, I AM A NEW PERSON.
ONE OF MY MANY FEARS THAT I DEVELOPED WAS DRIVING. AFTER READING YOUR PROGRAM AT 12.30 AT NIGHT I WROTE DOWN SOME QUICK NOTES FROM YOUR “ONE MOVE TECH.” I RAN OUT OF MY HOUSE AND DROVE TOWARD THE DARKEST SCARIEST ROAD WHERE NOBODY WAS NEAR BY.
THIS WOULD DEFINITLY BRING ON AN FULL PANIC ATTACK, WHICH IT DID. WHILE LETTING MYSELF FEEL THE EMOTIONS RUN THROUGH ME, I DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO DO, I WAS SCARED AS HELL BUT STOOD MY GROUND. I INSTANTLY CALMED AND EVEN TRIED TO BRING THE ATTACK BACK ON, BUT COULD NOT. I LITTERALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD AND SAT IN MY TRUCK AMAZED. AFTER ALL THIS TIME THAT WAS ALL I HAD TO DO. THE COMPLETE OPPOSIT OF EVERYTHING THAT I WAS TOLD. THIS WHOLE WEEK I HAVE DRIVEN WHERE EVER I WANTED,AT ANY TIME OF THE DAY. I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOUR PROGRAM.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR RESEARCH, TIME, AND DEDICATION SO THAT PEOPLE LIKE US CAN NOW LIVE A NORMAL AND HAPPY LIFE. JACKSON CA, AARON
YOU CAN DEFINATELY USE MY TESTIMONY FOR YOUR WEB SITE. I DONT HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA FOR A PHOTO -SORRY. THANKS AGAIN. EVERY DAY IS BETTER AND BETTER. WHOW, WHAT A DIFFERANCE. ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE AMAZED. YOU TRUELY GAVE ME A NEW LIFE.
…I prayed to God to show me what to do
I experienced my first panic attack in July of this year and ended up going to the hospital by ambulance thinking I was having a stroke or heart attack! I have had a bunch of attacks since then. Monday morning I awoke to an immediate attack and prayed to God to show me what to do. To make a long story short, I was led to your website but was afraid it was like the other ones where they try to sell you their products. However, your introductory information really spoke to me and I decided to take a chance. I read your book and it gave me the tools I was searching for to deal with my attacks.
I could tell immediately that you have suffered from panic attacks yourself because you spoke with authority that can only have come from having dealt with the terrors yourself. I am 42 years of age and have been noticing the psychological effects of perimenopause (one of which is panic attacks in my case). Thanks again!!
Hi there. Just a quick note to say thank-you. I’ve struggled with panic attacks for the past 31 years. I’m very happy that I kept looking! More than happy actually – my life is changing daily as it all comes back together again.
Thanks again, R Edington
“Thank you, I just read this book and already I feel more confident. I’ve read and bought other panic solutions and this one finally taught me how to accept the anxiety and panic in a way I could understand. I wish I’d known about this when I was a teen-ager. Anyway I feel better just knowing about this technique. Thank you again for caring about people.
P.S. I can’t believe this valuable information costs so little, I bought one program for almost $300.00
R. J – .Woodbridge, Suffolk.
There are a lot more. You can check it out here.
These are professionals in relevant fields who have given the Panic Away program positive endorsement:
- Dr. Harry Barry, an author and medical doctor based in County Louth, the Republic of Ireland who has a particular interest in the area of mental health and has extensive experience in his practice of dealing with issues such as depression, addiction, and anxiety.
- Dr. Dahlia Keen, a licensed clinical psychologist based in Beverly Hills, California.
- Dr. Glenn Livingston, a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and has been extensively quoted on creative psychological and research theories (e.g. The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, etc.)
Will the program always work?
The short answer is no. The long answer? Still, no.
Let me explain.
As far as I know, in this reality, there are no magic pills. There are no solutions to any problems that will work in any situation, 100% of the time. They just don’t exist!
But, Barry’s approach is unique, holistic and based on his own years of experience as a sufferer of panic attacks and general anxiety. In his long quest to a cure, he has found and formulated a technique, a breakthrough that worked for him and many others who have given the program a try.
There is one thing I am sure you will agree with, and that is that the only person who will get you out of anxious thinking is yourself. Those are your thoughts, and only you can begin to change that pattern. This program is a self-help program. Meaning, you need to apply the technique yourself, commit to it and follow through.
Dealing with long term anxiety and panic attacks is a slow process to begin with, but once the results start happening, it moves faster and faster until you reach a point where you will find it hard to believe that going out was such a difficult task.
Should you buy the Panic Away program?
To be honest, eventually, it’s entirely your decision!
Ok, maybe that’s not quite helpful. Let me try again.
The program covers panic attacks, general anxiety or generalized anxiety disorder (G.A.D.) and other fear-based related issues. Make sure your issue falls within that scope.
Be sure you’re willing to go for a self-help type of therapy.
There’s no guarantee that the program will work for you. As I said earlier, there are no magic pills. They just don’t exist, period. But, here’s a couple of considerations:
- The program came from an actual sufferer of panic attacks and general anxiety who has succeeded in breaking his own panic loop and eventually is free from it.
- The program has been around since 2001, has been tweaked, fine-tuned and improved over the years.
- It’s very complete, comprehensive and in-depth, focusing on panic attack, general anxiety (G.A.D.) and other fear-based related issues such as fear of driving, fear of public speaking, fear of flying, O.C.D., and agoraphobia
- It has a high satisfaction level among its users up until now. No lack of positive testimonials. This point is the strongest positive indicator in my opinion.
- Until now the program has reached 150,000 people in 32 countries worldwide with many different backgrounds.
- It has a very low refund rate which further indicates confidence. Another positive indicator.
- The program comes with a support forum where members are supporting each other to back it up.
- It’s reasonably priced.
- The program is risk-free. It comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee. And, don’t forget, you keep the program.
Final thoughts and conclusion
If you’ve made it this far, then it’s obvious that the Panic Away program is a must-try!
In case you skipped my quick summary at the top, or simply overlooked, here I’d repeat it again:
Is the Panic Away program worth every penny?
The answer is YES.
And, if you’re thinking:
“I’ve been suffering from panic attacks and general anxiety for years and I also have tried many other solutions including alternatives unsuccessfully, and have been frustrated by them, should I give it a try?”
The answer is YES.
There are many people who still believe that the only “real” therapy is the doctor-to-patient kind of therapy. Usually, in the case of panic attacks and general anxiety, it means sessions of counseling.
But, I’m in the other camp who believe that any healing is self-healing.
While doctors and therapists are very important, I believe their role is to help us with diagnoses, knowledge, understanding and to point us in the right direction.
Take medicine for example. It’s not the medicine that’s healing our bodies. It’s our bodies healing themselves. The medicine is helping our bodies to accelerate the healing process. There’s an immune system at work in our bodies that’s keeping the equilibrium which is our health. Just my two cents.
Now, this review is long enough already. It’s because I really want you to get the full picture of what the Panic Away program is all about. And, I hope it can be useful and helpful enough for you to make your decision whether you should give it a try.
My final verdict?
So, are you ready to break free from your panic loop?
All material provided is for informational or educational purposes only. No content is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Consult your physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. Please, read our disclaimer.
- A Meditative Approach to Natural Acceptance
- Causes of Panic Attacks
- Who Can Really Help You Stop the Fear of Panic Attacks?
- Stop Panic Attacks Without Medication
- How to Relieve Stress and Anxiety Naturally
- How Can Mindfulness Meditation Help with Depression?
- End Anxious Thoughts in 4 Easy Steps
- Eliminate Anxiety and Panic Attacks for Good
- My Recent Posts
- 2 Main Reasons Why Most Self-Improvement Fails and How to Avoid Them - June 12, 2021
- 4 Tiny Steps to Reach Your Goals Without Motivation - April 10, 2021
- How to Stop Falling Asleep During Meditation? Try These 10 Actionable Tricks - February 26, 2021